- The second phase of construction at the Port Klang Free Zone which includes another warehouse/factory with an approximate size of 96,000 sq. ft. has been completed in the 1st quarter of FY2020.
- Leon Fuat Group obtained ISO 37001:2016 for compliance of Anti Bribery Management System.
- Phase 1 of construction of the steel pipe manufacturing plant, BSS, involving the construction and installation of machinery has been completed. The production of welded steel pipes commenced commercial operations by the end of second quarter of 2019.
- Leon Fuat Metal obtained ISO 9001:2015 certification to include steel pipe manufacturing with the scope of distribution of steel materials, provision of steel processing services and manufacture of steel pipe products.
- Leon Fuat Hardware obtained ISO 9001:2015 certification from BSI Singapore.
- The construction of the steel pipe manufacturing plant, BSS, will be executed in 3 phases. Phase 1 of construction began in January 2018 and is targeted to be completed by first half of 2018. We also ordered machines for coil slitting and pipe forming.
- In the second half of FY2018, the factory NO.16 ("LF Metal") installed a fibre laser-cutting machine. The cutting machine comes with automated loading and unloading facilities for inputs and outputs with overall processing speed of up to five times more than the conventional machines.
- Leon Fuat Hardware installed new machine – Shaft Polishing Machine.
- The Group completed the acquisition of PCM Steel Processing Sdn. Bhd, with the company's business mainly involved in slitting and processing metal coil and sheets.
- Leon Fuat Metal ("LF Metal") purchased a piece of leasehold land ("BSS") with land area measuring approximately 700,864 sq. ft., bearing the address Lot 17, Persiaran Sultan Alauddin KU17, Bandar Sultan Suleiman, 42000 Pelabuhan Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan. This is in line with the Group's initiative to venture into the steel pipe manufacturing sector.
- The construction of LF Metal's new processing plant with warehousing facilities (2012) was completed with approximately 60,000 sq. ft. of usable factory space, housing both of our new CNC cutting machines as well as relocation of our existing CNC cutting machines that we believe will enhance efficiency as well as production capacity.
- The construction of Leon Fuat Metal's new warehouse in the Port Klang Free Zone ("PKFZ") was executed in 2 phases. Phase 1 was completed in December 2015, resulting in a net usable factory storage space of approximately 83,460 sq. ft.
- The Group successfully acquired Overum Wear Parts (Far East) Private Limited ("Overum") on 1 July 2014. By leveraging on Overum's location in Singapore and being one of the major Southeast Asian hubs, the Group is confident of expanding its reach to a wider market share.
- Leon Fuat Berhad was successfully listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad on 5 June 2013.
- Leon Fuat Metal purchased a piece of freehold industrial land measuring approximately 130,608sq ft., bearing the address No. 16, Lorong Keluli 1B, Kawasan Perindustrian Bukit Raja Selatan, Seksyen 7, 40000 Shah Alam, where we intend to build our new processing plant with warehousing facilities. The land comes with an existing detached building and annexed office building.
- Leon Fuat Metal completed the construction of an additional factory building on the new plant (No. 11) which commenced operations in the same year.
- Leon Fuat Metal commenced the production of expanded metal products. Our expanded metal is mainly used in industrial application in the building and construction and engineering and fabrication sectors.
- Leon Fuat Metal has equipped with various machines and equipment to undertake processing including coil levelling machines, shearing machines, oxy-gas cutting machine with optical tracer, CNC oxy-gas cutting machines, CNC plasma cutting machines, CNC oxy-gas and plasma cutting machine, CNC laser cutting machiens, portable plasma cutting machine, portable oxy-gas cutting machines, expanded metal machines and bandsaw machines.
- Supreme Steelmakers and ASA Steel obtained ISO 9001:2008 certifications from BSI Singapore.
- Leon Fuat Metal upgraded its ISO certifcation from ISO 9001:2000 to ISO 9001:2008.
- Supreme Steelmakers purchase the first CNC Hydraulic Press Brake and CNC Waterjet Cutting machine.
- Leon Fuat Metal purchased the first Coil levelling machine.
- The construction of the new plant (No. 11) including office and factory building was completed and expanded our factory operations into this new plant.
- Supreme Steelmakers expanded its facilities and constructed a single storey facotry with a four (4) storey office building on its exisitng land acquired in 2003. Currently, the company's operational facilities is equipped with various automated cutting machines including among others, CNC laser cutting machines, CNC plasma cutting machine, CNC waterjet cutting machine, high precision CNC press brake machine, shearing machines, surface grinding machine and bandsaw machine. Through the processing facilities at Supreme Steelmakers, the company able to meet the designs and specifications of customers for industrial applications in various industry sectors.
- Leon Fuat Metal obtained ISO 9001:2000 certification for the distribution of steel products and provision of cutting services from BSI Singapore.
- In the same year, Leon Fuat Metal acquired another freehold land adjacent to the existing premises bearing the address No. 11, Lorong Keluli 1B, Kawasan Perindustrian Bukit Raja Selatan, Seksyen 7, Shah Alam with a land area of approximately 179,736 sq. ft.
- Supreme Steelmakers acquired a leasehold industrial land bearing the address No. 8, Jalan Tiga, Off Jalan Sungai Besi, Kawasan Perusahaan Sungai Besi, Kuala Lumpur with a land area of approximately 40,106 sq. ft.
- Supreme Steelmakers purchased the first CNC laser cutting machine.
- Supreme Steelmakers purchased the first CNC plasma cutting machine.
- Supreme Steelmakers expanded its business activities to include processing of stainless steel.
- Incorporation of ASA Steel and commencement of business in trading and processing of alloy steel and other steel products.
- Leon Fuat Metal acquired a freehold land measuring approximately 116,928 sq. ft. bearing the address No. 6, Lorong Keluli 1B, Kawasan Perindustrian Bukit Raja Selatan, Seksyen 7, Shah Alam, for the construction of our new plant and office premises. The new plant and office premises knows as Wisma Leon Fuat was completed in 1996 and in 1997, Leon Fuat Metal moved into Wisma Leon Fuat.
- Incorporation of Supreme Steelmakers and commencement of business in trading of stainless steel products.
- Leon Fuat Hardware acquired a piece of leasehold land measuring 30,591 sq. ft. with an existing factory building bearing the address of No. 6A, Jalan Tiga, Off Jalan Sungai Besi, Kawasan Perusahaan Sungai Besi, Kuala Lumpur. In 1993, Leon Fuat Hardware started reconstruction of a single storey detached factory on this land and it was occupied by Supreme Steelmakers until Aug 2018. Currently the factory is occupied by Leon Fuat Hardware.
- Incorporation of Leon Fuat Holdings Sdn Bhd (Leon Fuat Holdings) to consolidate our founders' investments including our subsidiary companies, specifically, Leon Fuat Hardware and Leon Fuat Metal in 1991, and Supreme Steelmakers Sdn Bhd (Supreme Steelmakers) and ASA Steel (M) Sdn Bhd (ASA Steel) in 1995.
- Incorporation of Leon Fuat Hardware (Klang) Sdn Bhd (Currently known as Leon Fuat Metal Sdn Bhd) to undertake trading and processing of steel products in a rented premise in Sungai Rasa, Klang.
- Initially Leon Fuat Metal mainly involved in the trading of processing of carbon steel only and over the years evolved to include other steel products such as stainelss steel and alloy steel.
- Incorporation of Leon Fuat Hardware Sdn Bhd to take over the existing business of Leong Huat Trading & Co. - Trading of long steel products focusing on carbon steel, undertakes minor processing of steel products namely cut-to-length long products using bandsaw machine.
- Leong Huat Trading & Co., - business activity mainly involved in the trading of steel products.